Sunday, December 7, 2014

#13 - Ball and Flame

6"x6", Oil on canvas panel
Number thirteen is an auspicious point at which to begin a daily painting blog but I'm finally at the point where I'm not completely embarrassed by the results. After years away from art I am rediscovering the fun and complete therapeutic immersion I experience when oil painting. 

Eighteen months ago I accidentally bumped into a Plein Air festival, and from there encountered the Daily Painting movement. Both Plein Air painting and Daily Painting have freed me from the big canvas pressure of unrealistic expectations which kept my paints in the closet and my artist sense under wraps. Now, with little 6" x 6" panels it is so much easier to find the fun and immersion I crave with my paints.

I'm hoping to post at least four times a week. Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment